Regular updates on your windows is either the best or worst thing happening on your device. All device operating on windows are set to receive updates according to a certain time frame. Some of the updates paralyze the device system and totally changing the functionality of the computer.
However this the duty of Microsoft to keep updating the system and installing plus downloading what they think works for the system. Each window has a variety of updates configured to it. Today focusing on windows 7 we get to learn how to disable the updates.
It’s noted that more data usage happens due to the updates. As much you save on data the automatic updates have to take their share of the data. They consume more than enough for so download big files thus taking up all data. Nonetheless we cannot avoid this kind of updates but we can stop them temporarily. We have several steps to follow in order to turn off the windows 7 updates.
Permanent turn off of the updates might or not even work. Windows 10 are some of the windows which cannot be permanently disable the updates. In this case windows 7 has ways to turn off for some time but not permanent. Remember this a set system of the Microsoft Company and has to operate. All you need to do is to keep checking and turning off after the set duration.
Steps to take in disabling windows 7 updates
One doesn’t need to be computer expert to turn off the updates. You can do it with a few guideline and clicks and there no more updates to show. Follow the simple steps below for a successful turn off.
- Go to your start menu on your device and click the start button. This is an icon of window on the left lower side of the computer.
- You can get it by also pressing the Win key which is on your key pad.
- On the search box type the word windows update. The system will start searching for the world and present it on the screen.
- In seconds the windows update will be found on top of the menu written program 1.
- Click on the windows update option and the change setting option will show.
- Click on the tab which is on the left side of the screen.
- The setting will give other options on how you can disable the windows update.
- This is on the dropdown menu, you will see “important updates”
Under this heading there different ways as follows
Install updates automatically: the option request whether it can automatically download and install file. This being one of what we are avoiding due to large data usage.
Download updates but let me choose whether to install them:
This option give chance for to choose you can decide to install or not, though it requires you to have proper flow of internet.
Check updates but let me choose to download and install
Here the system will scan all the updates and give a choice to download and install or not. The above method the system will download but not install.
Never Check for updates
This gives the system no chance to check or download not even installing updates.
- Now from the four option pick on the “never check for updates” (not recommended).
- After this now save the changes and click on the ok button.