With greater outlook to the future, the Indian government through employee’s provident fund organization of India EPFO. An establishment of EPF or employee provident fund, which is a retirement benefit for all the salaried citizen in India. The fund comes in handy as one ages peacefully with no worries of where to gain after retirement.
Companies, organizations and business with 20 plus works are eligible to apply and register the workers for EPF (Employee Provident Fund). Employees and employers alike contribute to the EPF scheme thus giving a total of 12% of the basic salary. The funds are well divided among schemes under the bigger EPF. Covering health, insurance and pension scheme. This has benefited many retired workers together with their family members.
Schemes under the EPF
The EPF scheme is attached to three more schemes which contribute the 12%. All pooling at the same scheme thus benefiting one at retirement age. We have:
- Employee’s provident fund scheme EPFS
- Employee’s pension scheme EPS
- Employee’s deposit linked insurance scheme EDLI.
The above are consolidated and provided at the retirement. Employees have to can check their EPF status, balance using the UAN number or PF number etc. I this article we check on how to check the balances using his mentioned features.
Checking EPF balance using PF number
Employees with the provident fund accounts can check their PF Balance Check without UAN Number in passbook.epfindia.gov.in through the following steps:
- Navigate the official website: http://www.epfindia.gov.in
- On the homepage select “your PF balance”
- The system will open, details about member balance will show follow the instructions as follows:
- Now select your state.
- Give your EPF office.
- Check on the code from the list and pick the right code.
- After this now key in your PF number.
- Enter your name and phone number.
- On the same page check on the check box. Its indicated as “I agree”
- Check all the information enter if correct click on the submit button.
How to check EPF balance using UAN number?
This process only applies for workers whose UAN number is activated by their employers. Failure to this the process won’t take place.
- Open the official website: https://epfindia.gov.in
- The homepage will open and on the menu check for “our services”
- Again click on the tab “member passbook”
- A new page will show, here you are required to enter your UAN number and password.
- Here you will get your balance and additional to that all other governmental services are available on this page.
Checking the EPF status at the passbook
- Click on the official website: https://epfindia.gov.in
- Give time for the homepage to open.
- On the menu bar check for “our service”.
- Check on the menu bar and click on” for employee’s after this select service.
- After this now click on the select your claim status.
- A new page opens with a link: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/memclainsstatusUAN/
- Key in UAN number on the spaces provided followed by the captcha code.
- Recheck the information given and click on the search button.
The EPF has various balance checking methods which lead to the same results. you can also check without the UAN number using an SMS etc.