Aadhaar card is an important document in India which contains all the biometric details of an individual. The card has 12 digits inscribed on the card and unique for every citizen thus acting as an identity card. The information in card is also secured by the unique identification authority of India UIDAI. This a body formed in the year 2009 by the Indian government and works under the ministry of electronics and information technology.
The government uses the card in implementing many schemes as all citizens should hold the card. Though having many uses the card acts as an identity card since it has all your details. Some use it for proof of age, address and also identity. Recently the government gave an order of linking all cards including the bank account to the Aadhaar card. Mobile numbers are some of the other details to be linked to the card.
Why link the card with bank account?
With an order all citizens are doing their best to link the bank account to their Aadhaar card. This has been given a deadline whereby citizens who won’t comply will not receive some of the government benefits. The first deadline which was in March has been moved to December to give ample time to all citizens. But why should you link the card.
- This process will reduce corruption and fraud cases. Before people used to have more than one card, the move will stop such fraudsters.
- The process will help government follow up on the scheme they have started and see if there is fair distribution of resources.
- It will help have fair distribution of government resources.
Process of linking the bank account to the Aadhaar card
Linking the card is an easy task as one can use the online method. Individuals with no mobile banking app on their phone can visit the nearest bank or the bank they transact with.
- Visit your nearest bank branch and get a copy of form to help you link the Aadhaar card and the bank account.
- On the form you are required to fill all important details like name of the bank and branch.
- Now enter your bank account number, IFSC code and the address.
- Fill in your 12 digit number on the same form after this take a copy of Aadhaar card and submit with the form.
- The officers will verify the details and update their systems.
What are the benefits or linking Aadhaar card to your bank account?
The important matters are the general ones like receiving grants from government and have full benefits of government schemes. Here we have several benefits as follows.
- LPG Subsidy
The clients will receive LPG cylinder at a lower price this helping in the cost of living. The amount is credited to the Aadhaar card and bank account then the consumer directly.
- Subsidy on basic commodities
Items like the fuel, kerosene, sugar, rice which are the common items in human life are sold at a cheap price thus benefiting the consumer. This will only happen for those linked with the card.
- Student scholarship
Students need to link the bank account to the Aadhaar card in order to receive funds. All funds have to go through the bank.
The Indian government gives grants to citizens who want to start up project. They have to link their Aadhaar card to the bank since the money will be sent via the bank. This reduces corruption in the country.